Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 6 - Jack's Love for Life

Today I am thankful for the fact that Jack is having an amazing time with his Grandma Cindy at Dinkey Creek.
When Jack decided to go up for the whole week, I don't think he realized that a week can seem like a really long time away from home. He cried on Friday before bedtime and we talked about what a fantastic time he would have. He wasn't convinced and cried again on Saturday. He gave me giant hugs and kisses before I left for work on Sunday! Side note - hugs and kisses from Jack are phenomenal. He is so sweet and loving. 100% LOVE!
Anyway, I was really worried about him. I kept having this vision of my mom having to drive him down the hill on Monday morning with the thought that he would later regret his decision and want to go back a couple of days later. But, despite having a bit of a rough go on Sunday night, when I talked to him on Monday he was his amazing, sweet, energetic self.
Today he called while I was at Target and I didn't hear my phone. I was beyond disappointed! I hoped and hoped that he would call back and... he did! He was excited because Uncle Mimmy was up there and that meant the campfires were going to be a bit more eventful.
I am so proud of Jack and his ability to fit into any situation. He is so strong and has so much love for life. He is amazingly confident (he recently auditioned for a TV show and while he didn't get the part, I just kept thinking, I would never have had the confidence to do that as a child. He got a call back but no luck in the final selection). He is just super awesome and I am so glad that he feels so at home with my grandma and my mom.
We miss him but Mark and I are glad that he's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment