Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 12 - Dads and Mark Janzen




OK, OK Day 11 and Day 12 are being written on the same day. Whatever. I was busy yesterday and super tired last night.



So, today, I am of course thankful for all of the fathers in my life. My father, my father-in-law, my husband, my brother, and my uncles. Dads have a special place and a "I will do man stuff for you" mentality that is unparalleled. Teach your kids to love baseball? Dads. Teach them golf? Dads. Show them what a real fart sounds like? Dads. Fix your faucet? Dads. Bring your trash cans in just to be nice? Dads. Show your kids how to fish? Dads. Perhaps as the blog goes on I will single them out one by one and do a whole bunch more on them.


But, for today, since I am right now ignoring my family I will just say that I am glad that I picked Mark Janzen to the father of my children. First of all, have you seen my kids? They are genetic masterpieces (if you ignore the whole Lynch Syndrome cancer danger situation). Secondly, he is a good cook (thank goodness one of us is). And last, while sometimes he completely baffles me with his craziness, most of the time I think he is very sane and, in general shares my values and beliefs. Plus he is an amazing photographer and he likes to travel with me. We both like to drive and that is a problem but, we'll ignore that for now!


So, hooray for Fathers' Day! And today I will keep my mouth shut about zombie shooter video games blaring through the house!



Leslie








No comments:

Post a Comment