Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 18 - Daylight and Salad

Tonight I am thankful that it is still light outside at 7:45 pm. Summer days are the best because as long as you are off at a normal human hour you get some sunlight in your day. The days are longer and because of it you have more energy. This is not to say I was a ball of fire tonight but, I did get treated to a lovely dinner with my mom and grandma at Yukon Jack's. And now I have made it home and it is still light outside! I would seriously love it if days were this long all the time.


I am also thankful that I took the time to make a salad to take to work today. Yes, the Yukon Jack's mini pulled pork sandwiches on potato buns negated all of the good work having a salad for lunch did for me today but, it was a step in the right direction. Tonight I saw an absolutely hideous picture of myself that I may share at some point. I looked at it and thought, "Am I holding a pillow or stuffed animal on my lap?" But, alas the answer was no; it was just my big belly. Seriously? This is what my belly looks like right now? And the arms? Blah. Anyway, seeing the picture may have inspired me to get a grip! I have only gone swimming once this year which is totally unheard of for me. Anyway, hopefully I will swim some laps soon and maybe even lay out in the sun if I can steal a little time away ...

No comments:

Post a Comment