Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 16 - Jack and Merrill

So, right now the baby is standing here crying at me. She was asleep on the way home but the second I got out of the car Jack yelled a question at me really loudly, thereby waking her up. I am totally tired. I forgot to take my antibiotic this morning and left it at the house. It is only a twice a day one so hopefully I did not royally screw it up. My pants nearly split today at work so they are currently being held together by duct tape. I am just walking in my door at 9:30 at night after leaving at 8:30 this morning. I have to be awake with kids ready at 9 am tomorrow so that I can take the kids to the Janzen's house so that Ken can watch them tomorrow until Mark gets home from Temecula. I almost passed out at work today while I was unloading boxes because it was like a million degrees in there. Customers were needy as hell and I had two of the three rudest customers I have had the entire time I've worked at Cost Plus. So, this it the day I knew would come. The very last thing on Earth I feel like doing is blogging about how great things are.
But, they are and that's they whole point of this blog so, lets get to it.
Jack is sweet and he just gave me a big sweet hug. He will be sleeping in Mark's spot again tonight. I know he is getting to be a big boy now but when I look at him I sometimes see my beautiful little boy. The one that used to sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to me. He used to play with my hair when I would tuck him in at night. That used to put us both to sleep.
Jack went to his first party on his own today. It was a swim party and now his shoulders are pink with sunburn (that should keep us warm tonight). He was beyond excited about going to this party and apparently it did not disappoint. Thanks to my mom for dropping him off all the way out by Wild Water Adventures (or Clovis Lakes as we old-timers call it). So tonight, I will read him Harry Potter even though I could fall asleep at this instant. After all, he deserves some good mom time.
So, I am thankful again for both of my beautiful children. I know that even though times are crazy busy and hard, their childhood will not last forever. I am off now to enjoy what I can of it on this night.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment